Get to Know Us
You are welcome here
The Christian assembly now meeting at Langley Gospel Hall in Murrayville had its start in the home of the Langley pioneer farming family, William and Kathleen (Katie) Brown. William was born at Stratford on Avon, England in 1876 and Katie (nee Reid) in Ontario in 1877. William and Katie’s families both emigrated to the Walhalla area of North Dakota where William and Katie were married in 1903. They later moved to Asquith, Sask., then about 1910 to Langley Prairie in B.C. They bought a 30-acre farm on the south west corner of 200th Street and the Fraser Highway and soon began a Sunday School in their home.
In 1912, two evangelists, Mr. J. J. Rouse and Mr. C. Summers, came and pitched a tent a few yards west of what became the site of Keith Beadle Motors, holding gospel meetings there for some weeks, and later moving to what was to become the site of the B&K Economy Store. As a result of these meetings, a company of Christians began to gather in the home of the late Mr. William Brown. This was the beginning of the Christian assembly that now meets in the Langley Gospel Hall in Murrayville.